Placentia Football is a non-profit organization and budget to operate on essentially a break even basis. To make the program as affordable as possible, we re-use equipment each year and engage in various fund raising activities. Our expenses every year include, among others: (1) replacing uniforms and equipment as necessary, (2) reconditioning and re-certifying helmets and shoulder pads, (3) team and individual pictures, (4) individual trophies, (5) field and facilities use, and (6) general & administrative expenses. All of our board members, officers, coaches and team moms are volunteers and none of them are compensated for the hundreds of hours they devote to our program.
PARTICIPATION FEES Participation fees are $175 for Jr. Future and Future division players and $275 for Tackle division players. In addition, a refundable $30 snack bar deposit is due. All families are expected to work a designated snack bar shift during one of our home games. Failure to work your designated shift will result in losing your $30 deposit.
Participation fees and snack bar deposit must be paid in full no later than July 15, 2015.
Payment plans must be requested before July 15, 2015 to be considered. Payment plans and/or partial payments requests will not be accepted after July 15, 2015.
Please note that before a player will be considered registered in our program, all fees must be paid in full. Partial payments will only be accepted if approved by the Board of Directors.
As a way to offset the cost to participants, all families are required to participate in the league’s fundraising campaign shortly after practice begins. You may sell a minimum of $175 worth of product or choose to pay the $70 buyout fee. For families with more than one participant in the program, whether football or cheer, you are required to sell $175 worth of product or pay the $70 buyout fee for both. ***All returned checks will be charged a $25 NSF fee. In addition, any family presenting a check that is returned for Non Sufficient Funds will be required to pay via Cashiers Check, Cash, Credit Card or Money Order for all future seasons*** REFUNDS
Refunds will be issued in the following circumstances:
If Placentia Football is unable to field a team at a particular division, a full refund of registration fees ($275 for tackle and $175 for flag) will be given to everyone signed up for that team.
- A prospective player on a waiting list will be entitled to a full refund of registration fees upon request at any time. Please contact the Treasurer to request a refund.
- If a player drops prior to Physical Day (which will occur the beginning of July), the refund will be the registration fee less a $25 processing fee.
- If a player drops after Physical Day (which will occur the beginning of July), the refund will be the registration fee less a $25 processing fee and the cost of any purchased wear (i.e. practice jersey and/or spirit wear).
- NO REFUNDS will be issued to a player dropping after the first day of practice (7/27).
- Please note, all refunds are subject to a $25 administrative fee.OCJAAF TEAM FEESFOOTBALL EQUIPMENT
- Every tackle football player must wear equipment, including: helmet & face mask, mouth guard, shoulder pads, girdle, and knee, thigh, hip, and tail bone pads. Players must purchase the required chin strap, mouth guard, girdle, and knee, thigh, hip and tail bone pads. Placentia Football provides for use the helmet, face mask, shoulder pads, knee pads, practice pants, belt, game jersey, game pants and practice jerseys. Players must also provide their own footwear. Non-detachable rubber molded cleat shoes, bar cleated little league baseball shoes, and tennis shoes are permitted. Steel, aluminum, hard rubber, or nylon with metal cap cleats are not permitted. Also, detachable cleats are not permitted. Prior to each game, the players are weighed and their equipment is checked by league officials. A player with missing or improper equipment may not play in the game. We depend on the return of football equipment to support other youth who participate and to minimize the cost of participation. You will be financially responsible for the replacement cost of any equipment and uniforms that are lost or not returned as follows:
- OCJAAF team fees ($850 for flag divisions and $1,350 for tackle divisions) are the responsibility of each individual team. These fees cover insurance, referees, supplies, and other costs associated with running the OCJAAF organization. Each team will conduct their own fundraising campaigns to raise money for these fees.
- In all circumstances, all league-issued football equipment must be returned before any refund will be paid. This includes helmet, shoulder pads, knee pads, practice pants, belt, and any other articles supplied by the league. We depend on the return of football equipment to support other players who participate and to minimize the cost of participation.
- Football helmet $150
- Shoulder pads $75
- Knee Pads $20
- Practice pants $40
- Belt $20PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONSAn OCJAAF player contract will be typed by a chapter official using information derived from applications. The information must be correct and may not be altered. The entire contract must be retyped if any changes are required. Please, as a courtesy to our all-volunteer staff, make every effort to ensure that your application is complete and accurate. As part of the registration process, we collect original birth certificates and proof of residence (i.e. utility bill). The parent whose name is on the utility bill must be the one who signs the contract. The birth certificate and utility bill will be returned to you once your player has been certified by OCJAAF. CERTIFICATION
- Certification is the process by which prospective player’s qualifications to participate are verified. Certification takes place on Certification Day. The date, time and location is determined by OCJAAF. Every chapter involved in OCJAAF participates in Certification Day so literally thousands of players will go through the process on that single day. Any player who does not certify on Certification Day may not wear football gear or participate in practices, scrimmages or games until a make-up certification has occurred. A limited number of make-up certifications will be offered after Certification Day. If a player does not certify by the final make-up certification opportunity, the player will be dropped from the program and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Physicals are required for all football players. Placentia Football arranges for physicals to be performed at a date and time to be determined. There is an additional cost for the physical examination that is payable on physical day. If you cannot attend this event, or if you wish to have the examination performed by a personal physician, the examination will be at your expense. If a private physical is performed, the physician must complete and sign the OCJAAF player contract. Please contact the league Player Agent for additional information. Their email can be found on the Board of Directors listing. OCJAAF PLAYER CONTRACTS
- Please do not abuse the equipment. At the end of the season, please return the equipment at the end of the final game. Head Coaches will be responsible for collecting equipment at that time.
2015 Registration NOW CLOSED
2015 Schedules found here: 2015 Game Schedule